Top 10 Burgers in London

photo by Kate Beard
5. Hawksmoor
4. Bar Boulud
3. Patty & Bun
2. Elliot's Cafe
1. Little Social

Go ahead, salivate, that’s the carnivore’s natural response to my list of the top 10 burgers in London.

top 10 burgersThe quality and variety of burgers in London is steadily improving, of that there can be little doubt. But getting them cooked as ordered remains a crapshoot.

Exhaustive as my investigation was, not just of the top 10 burgers but also of many that didn’t make the cut, I can’t predict the likelihood of your getting a burger cooked the way you want it. Most burger flippers have good days and off days. This ranking is based solely on my days, my first-hand experiences, my luck.

Since your personal burger priorities are not likely in the same order as mind it’s a shame you can’t click a relevance tab to arrange this list according to the factors which matter to you most: burger style (street, joint, pub, steak), patty (size, shape, density), meat (cut, fat content, grind),  assortment of toppings, cooking method, construction, consistency of preparation, inventiveness, price, value for money, level of obscene drippiness, etc.

Absent a re-sorting mechanism I’ve resorted to taking into account all these factors. But in the end I relied most on a single consideration: pleasure. My top 10 burgers in London are the ones I’d most want to eat.

The Top 10 Burgers in London

10. Goodman

top 10 burgersGoodman, once home to London’s best steakhouse burger, is having texture woes. The quality of the beef is as high as ever but the patty’s surface isn’t as crusty or caramelised as it used to be and its coarse, crumbly chew has turned to mush. Seen from the outside the Goodman steakhouse burger remains a handsome handful: You will need to stretch the C-shaped brackets formed between thumbs and index fingers to make a go of it. £15 including chips.
Goodman Mayfair – 26 Maddox Street, W1S 1QH
Goodman City – 11 Old Jewry, EC2R 8DU
Goodman Canary Wharf – 3 South Quay, Discovery Dock East, E14 9RU

9. Burger Bear

Burger Bear Give me a jar of Burger Bear’s homemade bacon jam, a spoon and couple of beers and I could make an evening of it, so good is Tom Reaney’s signature burger condiment. But the street food warrior isn’t done there: He also likes to dress his burgers with the crispest streaky bacon in all of Londonium Burgerdom: The one-two bacon punch could lead some to overlook the patty. That would be a big mistake. Balls of coarse mince are crushed but not flattened on the flattop, leaving all the fatty juices in your burger, protected in its effective if homely white bun, until your first bite liberates them. Beefy red droplets quickly rain down onto your plate and, if you’re not careful, your shoes. You can identify the regulars on the queue by the stains on the toes of their trainers. £5-£10 not including chips. Burger Bear will be competing in the 4th and final round in the group stage of the BurgerMonday London Burger Bash.
Red Market, 1-3 Rivington St, EC2A 3DT

8. Lucky Chip

top 10 burgersIs it finally time to draw a line in the salt? The hot-off-the-truck burgers from Lucky Chip get their Gareth Bale kick from the Murray Hill Australian sea salt encrusting its patties. As difficult as it is to put these fabulously middleweights down, figuratively and, yes, literally, the heavy-handed salting has gone over the top. There’s no disputing the appeal of the patties, with their desirably rough contours and fat-soaked crevices. When cooked right the buzz you get from the first bite is so great you can almost feel your ears ringing.  The smoked back bacon, however, can border on chewy, occasionally with tiny hard white bits, possibly cartilage. Lucky Chip is in residence at the Sebright Arms pub every night except Sunday.  On Saturdays you’ve find the guys parked at the original Netil Market location from 12:30pm to 9pm. £6.50-£16 not including fries.
Lucky Chip at Sebright Arms, 31-35 Coate Street, E2 9AG
Lucky Chip at Netil Market, 13-23 Westgate Street, London Fields, E8 3RL

7. Honest Burgers

top 10 burgersIn a makeshift burger luncheonette in Brixton Village Market built with hammer and nails Tom Barton and his able sidekicks stick to the fundamentals. They form 5 1/4 ounces (150 gr) of mince into marbled beef balls and flatten them with their hands (not spatula) on their flat-top griddle. Only then are the burgers seasoned with coarse salt. The crunch of the Honest, their best daily burger variety burger, comes from the level layers of sliced homemade gherkins and crisp streaky bacon; its tang, from griddle-steamed Cheddar; its sweetness, from red onion relish; its oven-browned polish, from a brushed white-flour bun; its juice, from marbled meat put through the most minimal of workouts. Burgers are not like boxers: If you want to develop a middleweight champion, as Honest has done, you mustn’t overwork ‘em. £7.50-£9 including chips.
Honest Burgers Brixton – Unit 12, Brixton Village, SW9 8PR Honest Burgers Soho –  4A Meard Street – W1F 0EF Honest Burgers Camden, Unit 34A, 54-56 Camden Lock Pl, NW1 8AF

6. Bleecker St. Burger

Zan Kaufman If you’re a native New Yorker, as I am, the first thing you notice about this black burger van is that it’s named after a famous Greenwich Village street. The second thing you notice is that Zan Kaufman, the New Yorker-turner-Londoner taking orders, is wearing the hat of the despised Red Sox, a rival baseball team from Boston. In a flash you almost can hear the voice of Greenwich Village native Robert De Niro urging you to “walk away” from the Zan-with- a-van before it’s too late. But if you’re a bigger fan of burgers than baseball, as I am, you stay: Sometime sure smells really good and you gotta know what it is. The extraordinarily thing about the deceptively ordinary Bleecker burger is that it’s at once beefy, juicy, creamy, sweet and salty without feeling dirty. Rarely if ever will you find aged beef of this quality in a street burger. Plus it’s cooked, as promised, to medium rare – no easy task given the relative thinness of the patties. For that alone I tip my New York Mets baseball cap to Zan. £5.50 for a single; £7.90 for a double (not including fries). Bleecker’s double cheeseburger was voted top burger at round 3 of the London Burger Bash.
Go to Bleecker’s Facebook page to follow it’s schedule and whereabouts.

5. Hawksmoor

top 10 burgersThere are two pairs of hands you want to see around this big and deceptively powerful burger: yours or Hawksmoor‘s. Others have tried to duplicate the lush mince mix, which is said to include bone marrow and obscure cuts like beef shoulder clod, but these imposters have left me and their burgers crushed. Fat fills the grooves within the Hawksmoor burger as it cooks, basting its internal structure with deep, beefy flavours. The wet patty rests over an untidy raft of lettuce interruptus. Squeeze the burger too firmly or not firmly enough, I’m never sure which, and the patty will slide out from its housing, greasing your hands and breaching the bottom of the bun even before you’ve taken your first bite. But, oh my, what a first bite! Danger. Implosion. It’s all there, except, in recent instances, any significant char on the surface of a patty cooked to medium rare. Amongst four Hawksmoors, this ranking only apples to the Seven Dials location near Covent Garden, its burger HQ. £15 including chips.
Hawksmoor Seven Dials – 11 Langley Street, WC2H 9JG

4. Bar Boulud

top 10 burgersSome vertical burgers are beefier but none is more stable than Boulud’s: Its hand-minced, hand-packed patty sits snugly beneath a thick layer of toppings inside the domed bun. It’s as if the bun’s bottom half had a contoured seat, like an Eames moulded side chair. Order one medium-rare and it comes to you with charred shell, pink interior, no grey fringes. The burger gives easily to the gentlest of finger squeezes, first lubricating itself and then your mouth with juices. The Frenchie, with melty Morbier, Dijon mustard and pork belly confit, is a splendid Gallic riff on a bacon cheeseburger. The Piggie transforms Bar Boulud into Bar Becue with its layers of red cabbage slaw, japapeno and pulled pork. But it’s the lavish BB that halts conversation: Something monumental happens when the succulent braised short ribs, foie gras, horseradish mayo, crisp fried shallots, red onion confiture, black onion seed brioche and patty are crushed between your teeth. £11.75-£20 not including frites.
66 Knightsbridge, SW1X 7LA

3. Patty & Bun

A burger bun is a handle protecting our hands from drippy greasy, cheese and condiments. Patty & Bun‘s Joe Grossmann did not get that memo. His burgers are not so much over-the-top as all over the place: Open the wrapper and you can’t tell where the orange cheesy stuff ends and the runny orange house sauce begins. Beneath the radioactive goo is an appealingly plump, deep-pink, hand-packed patty just shy of six ounces but not shy of fatty juices. It’s a genre bender, successfully combining classic elements of both joint burgers and steak burgers. Grossman has named burgers after Ari Gold and Smokey Robinson but for me a more voluminous luminary comes to mind, Oliver Hardy. “Well,” you’ll be telling Grossmann as you unwrap yet another Ari or Smokey and lick mayonnaise off your fingers, “here’s another fine mess you’ve gotten me into!”. Grossmann’s Piggy Smalls was voted best burger in round 2 of the London Burger Bash. £7.50-£8.50 not including chips.
54 James Street, W1U 1HE

2. Elliot’s Cafe

top 10 burgersWith beer-braised onions, aged Comté melted as if for a gratinée and bread overhead, Elliot’s burger is outfitted in the manner of French onion soup. The accoutrements enhance but do not smother each 160-gram mound of aged, coarsely minced beef shin and rib cap from Borough Market neighbour The Ginger Pig. British Ogleshield has been added to the Comté to give the cheese element more an edge. The plump patty is smartly shaped for height at the expense of diameter. Its shape and fit over a house-baked linseed brioche bun brushed on its cut sides with acidulated dill butter is in the Bar Boulud mould, whereas the meat’s beefy creaminess belongs to the Hawksmoor school. My only beef with the Elliot’s burger is that it’s only available at lunch. £12.50 including chips.
12 Stoney Street, SE1 9AD

1. Little Social

social-top-10 Cooked the old-fashioned, low-tech way in a sizzling cast-iron pan, the crusty burger patty at Little Social, Jason Atherton’s spinoff bistro, is good enough to plate with nothing to go with it other than knife and fork. Okay, if you wanted to throw in some of those golden fries they’d not go to waste. The New York-style chopped steak created by Canadian head chef Cary Docherty is a blend of aged Scottish chuck, flank, neck and clod coarsely minced in-house. The hand-formed patty is so close a match for the garnishes (mild Cheddar, smoked streaky bacon, caramelised onions) that cloak it and the gorgeous Boulangerie de Paris sesame seed brioche bun that houses it you’d think Docherty had employed a Savile Row tailor for the fitting. His classic burger, £15 including fries, can be customised with sautéed foie gras for an extra £10 but that luxurious accessory is unnecessary. Amongst the “est”-ending burger superlatives (biggest, baddest, dirtiest, etc.) there’s only one I’d apply to Docherty’s Little Social burger: best.
5 Pollen Street, W1S 1NE

About Daniel

Food critic and events leader Daniel Young is the "Young" behind young&foodish

Comments

1. Imran Naqvi says:

Was in NYC last week, and aside from my regular pilgrimage to Lukes Lobster on E7th, I was able to sample the burger at The Spotted Pig. Really good burger, made even better by the almost full plate of perfect string fries.

2. jamie says:

My wife and i tried the Hawksmoor burger and the special burger for the day the Black Burger that came with black pudding as a pre matinee theatre meal on Sunday. The burgers were certainly the best we have both tasted with the added bone marrow making them quite rich and we whole heartedly recommend trying a manhatten cocktail with your food (after you have had it served up and tasted it you will see why as i wont ruin the surprise).

3. GP says:

Hey
    What’s going on with this list?? Goodmans was number 1 last week and I had just started working my up the list (went to the Opera Tavern on Sunday) and now it’s gone!
    2 of the burgers aren’t even reviewed – looks like you’ve opted for mega-expensive options here…not impressed!

4. Rotter says:

Wow. No Ad Cod???!

5. Daniel Young says:

Rotter – The Admiral Codrington would have been a top two selection had chef Fred Smith not announced his plans to leave the pub in the next couple of weeks.

6. Anthony says:

I’m very surprised that you felt the need to exclude the Admiral Codrington from the top 10 due to Fred Smith leaving. I wonder if you would have excluded another top ten entry purely because a chef (head or not) had announced that they were due to leave?

A top ten entry can surely only be based on previous experience and therefore it seems bit unfair that the Ad Cod (I.e mr Smith) haven’t been given the recognition they deserve? Who’s to say that they don’t carry on making a good burger but if they didn’t then it would be reflected in the top 10 reshuffle.

I’m interested to hear your thoughts.
    Ant

7. Daniel Young says:

Anthony – This game is a bit like handicapping racehorses: You predict results, you make recommendations, you place bets based on past performances. If the chef in the saddle was directly responsible for those positive outcomes, as I believe Fred Smith was through his tenure at the Admiral Codrington, then recommending the burger before a new chef has taken over the reins and proven him/herself seems chancy at best.

I agree with your larger point: Few restaurants would be dropped from top 10 consideration just because their chefs announced an imminent departure. But you maybe see this as an indication of my failing. I see it as a reflection of what made Fred’s exacting, passionate approach to burgers so special, so unique: Who else could have transformed the former Sloanie headquarters into a must destination for burger lovers of all stripes?

8. BurgerFiesta says:

Most of these just look like part of the “gourmet” burger trend of yesteryear, especially Goodmans which looks way too tall to be any good at all.

Throwing a load of foie gras at the problem isn’t the makings of a good burger. It’s just a clumsy shortcut, the meat should be able to stand up on it’s own without that crutch.

Only ones I’d bother with off this list are Honest, Lucky Chip and Hawksmoor. Ad Cod should be up there too.

9. @Gastro1 says:

Well done Dan for heroic research , you must have eaten so many poor burgers for the research you deserve a Knighthood.

Would it be cruel of me to say only 2 of the above would probably make a NYC top 100 list ?

10. DC says:

Personally I do not rate lucky chip, the last three times I have been there, the burger bun has been undercooked, therefore, white and doughy. It had too much cheese, which did not taste of anything.

To top it off the burger meat was grey and only has a few bits of pink meat showing through.

Massive fail.

11. Daniel Young says:

Which two, Dino?

12. Anna Ifanti says:

I honestly don’t see how Hawksmoor’s burger doesnt feature at your top 3, if not the no1 burger on the list…. we have tried 8 out of the 10 listings, by pure coincidence and due to the fact that both my American partner and me are devoted burger aficionados…. Our absolute top3 which combined quality and price in a city as pricey as London is:
    1. Hawksmoor (NEVER disappoints)
    2. Lucky Chip
    3. MEATLiquor
    Joe Allen was ok but so small you literally had to order 2 to fill up. Need to try Opera Tavern and Honest Burgers

13. Daniel Young says:

Anna – I like the three you’ve short-listed, especially when they’re at the top of their game. With Hawksmoor you’ve had better luck than I have. I’ve had two burgers at two Hawksmoor locations within the last two months. Compared to prior experiences both were disappointments.

14. grobelaar says:

This list gets me salivating every time, and it’s always interesting to see who’s in and who’s out. Surprised at the Cod omission, I’ve been there when Fred has not been at the pass and always had a good Burger. But the Cod is also my best Burger in London too, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens at the Cod, sans Fred and also what and where Mr Smith resurfaces and will there be hamburger action.

The main disappointment is that I simply don’t get to eat half these burgers half as often as I’d like to. I think I end up enjoying London’s burger vicariously through your posts and Top 10 updates.

15. Jason Kee says:

Hey Daniel… love your blog and love this list. Through it I now list Honest Burger among my favourites and am looking forward to a Hawksmoor soon. Would love to know what ones fall outside the top ten as well.

BTW… if you have a chance check out the Draft House. I went to their Burger Monday (easier to get seats then your own) yesterday and was amazed at the quality of burger and bun. And the beer of course.

16. S.K says:

I visited meat liqour the other week and was impressed with what I was served ( dead hippie burger ) and the battered gherkins are a must try . I’ve also been hearing good things about a place called red dog saloon in hoxton has anyone been there ?

17. Dotski says:

How does meat liquor manage it?!
    Every time a massive amount of you fall for what is a tarted up McDonald’s in a cool setting.
    London has so much better than that sugar fries pretentious rubbish. Even walks all over it every time!

18. Vicky says:

@SK A bunch of us had Red Dog Saloon one night working late… it was awful, the corn bread bun was like eating stodgy cotton wool, the patty was bland and the bbq sauce had a very unusual taste. My favourite London burger is the Smokey Robinson cooked by Joe at Patty & Bun… I had one at Feast in London Bridge this weekend. It’s the only burger I’ve ever eaten that doesn’t leave you feeling over-full. Patty & Bun do great rosemary fries on the side too, makes a change to the lovely but over-salted ones that some places offer.

19. Daniel Young says:

Keith – You have a point.

20. Jennifer says:

Thanks for the list guys.
    There is nothing better than a good burger to hit the spot.
    I’m thinking about working my way down your list in the next few months.
    A suggestion I’d like to ad. I go regularly for my burger fix in a place called 1920 in Central London. Don’t know if you heard about it but they’ve been there for quite a while and they are in my personnal favorite. Let’s see if I change my mind after trying out your top 10;)

21. John says:

Bravo on the list! although I’m still eating my way through the top 10.

Surely Bar Boulud is cheating (IMO) with the foie gras? they should have their own list as that burger is out of this world. Although so far only MeatLiquor has me going back for seconds (and thirds)

22. John says:

Call off the search. Its over. Ignoring the fries (so hard, they are nearly crisps) the Best cheese burger in town (by a country mile) is CUT at 45 Park Lane.
    1) remove the salad.
    2) enjoy that burger

NB tastes that blow your mind,

23. Ben J says:

Out of interest, would Byron even make top 20?

Also Hache is worth a try.

24. pudding master says:

Hi, went into a bar called the carpenters arms on cambridge heath road, they had a burger night last friday’ and i can tell it was one of the best burgers i’d had in such a long time,all served with chips and in a 1/2 brioche bun prices started at 6.50 upto 9.00 pounds i think, the sloppy joe was fantastic and my friend had the new yorker and looked fantastic also. i’ve heard the kitchen will be open from this friday as they have just been testing the water to see what the trade would be like” i can tel youl i will be their for sure going to have the fire cracker this time, bit of a old looking pub but always like to find a new place to eat.

25. Mike says:

And Bodiens? Just because it is a chain you exclude it form the list? I think they deserve their place in the Top 10!

26. Richard says:

Will be interesting to see whether Tommi’s Burger Joint makes it on to this list. Cheap, excellent burgers, BYO, friendly staff, cute room. What’s not to like?

27. Daniel Young says:

Richard – I like Tommi’s Burger Joint well enough but don’t see either of its burgers as in contention for the Top 10 list.

28. david hall says:

Went to Bread Street Kitchen the other day for their burger. Came recommended but it won’t be troubling the top ten any time soon. Too small, too salty and really nothing special at all.
    £12.50 by itself, small and in a dry bun. £2 cover charge (lets hope this doesnt become popular), £3.50 for chips and £1 for charity does not a good experience make. Add service ( which is calculated on top of the cover and charity donation) and nearly £22 for a average burger and chips.

29. Jp says:

Bodeans? no way!!! poor food. poor service. No burger they serve cracks this top 10. I doubt they would even make a top 50 list.

30. Francesco says:

News from Ad Cod? Is it still great??????

31. John NYC says:

Great list but I agree with Anna, Hawksmoor should be further up the list! I come to London regularly and they never disappoint. I know it doesn’t really count as a true burger but yesterday I had the Christmas turkey burger they are doing there at the moment and WOW. This alone should put them at the top of burger creation! If you get a chance before Christmas go and try it I asked and they said it would be coming off in January and wouldn’t be back on till the following Christmas, which kinda makes sense I guess :)

32. Ali says:

finally tried the BB at bar Boulud and while it was very good I prefer Elliots over all for the flavour – BB wins on chips and the textures are on a par

33. adam says:

hey daniel – i thought this may interest you

34. Daniel Young says:

Pretty amusing. Love the guy’s voice.

35. RJB says:

Hi Daniel – just wondering why Meat Liquor/Market/Mission dropped out of your top ten? Was is it the grey burger you had at Mission, or do you think there has been a more fundamental decline in standards?

36. Daniel Young says:

Hi Richard, I’d say it was a variety of things:

* Several grey burgers at all three locations (not just that one).
    * Diminished standards.
    * New competition.

37. JG says:

I went to the Ad Cod yesterday. I thought the burger was great but as I haven’t been before I can’t compare to Fred Smith era. Would like to hear someone’s opinion

38. david hall says:

Went to Honest Burger Soho at lunchtime. The burger was small,well done and not at all tasty. Chips good but the burger should be much better to be in the top 5.

39. Nick Lightstone says:

Re: ‘Vicky says: 7 August 2012 at 11:07 am’

Ladies and Gentlemen, please go to Red Dog and try for yourself. I’ve spent too much money there not to stick up for the place. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but personally, I like to be full at the end of a meal. There’s a salad bar round the corner if you ‘re watching those calories Vicky : ) Patty and Bun have it down too for sure. Youngandfoolish…I think we have a Patty and Bun employee on our hands…’My favourite London burger is the Smokey Robinson cooked by Joe at Patty & Bun’ – does everyone know the name of the guy cooking them burgers when they go to a burger joint? and what a nonsense comment…”makes a change to the ‘lovely but over-salted” ones that some places offer’… I mean come on!

40. Brendan says:

Having tried countless burgers in the months before leaving England recently, my hands down winner was the off menu double Honest burger in Brixton, unbelievable, apart from the Fred Smith’s winning burger at the first London burger bash, the best burger I have ever eaten by some way, with the patties being the stars….

41. sassy3000 says:

While I will refrain from a set opinion until I’ve actually tried one of those burgers, I have to say they look nasty! And I LOVE burgers! These look like some undercooked burgers topped with a bunch of condiments to disguise it’s lackluster taste.
    I’m willing to bet none of those burgers would satisfy MOST Americans fussy palate. We are Very Fussy IF we are being asked to pay a lot for said burger. I’ve already been warned about an American owned popular franchised restaurant, where the burgers are said to taste like shoe leather. But this SAME place in most American cities are pretty good. They cost about $3 and they taste like it. No problem.
    But when asked to pay over $30 for a BURGER it had better be worth every penny and NOT one of those look they’re worth 5 pounds let alone 22 pounds. AGAIN, I will wait to form a final opinion till after I’ve tasted one. I KNOW Looks can be deceiving. Some Mexican food didn’t look too good at one Mexican Restaurant near my house and yet now 5 yrs later it is MY FAVORITE Mexican Restaurant. SO I CAN AND DO OFTEN CHANGE MY MIND!
    Frankly while I am only an average cook, I bet I could set up a Restaurant with some help, and be able to put together a menu of delicious hamburgers which would kick even the most expensive ones butt! And using British Beef of course BUT using the Best American techniques!
    One thing bothers me is that there is NO MENTION of whether or not the meat is frozen or fresh! That makes a HUGE difference in taste. Fresh is ALWAYS better.

42. Graham George says:

Hi Daniel, The new burger joints in town have missed out. While they are chains Shake Shack prides itself on not being a chain, and what’s a shocker is in US it manages to feel special, in London it’s lacking and feels like a chain even though its the only one one UK. Who is managing it as it feels so different to the US restaurants. They have soul……. Anyone any thoughts?

43. Loki pitman says:

I have to say as a burger lover…. Especially as pregnant and craving MEAT!! I have tried most of these and without a shadow of a doubt Burger Bear wins hands down, so fresh! It actually melts in your mouth… I think this may be the only one that’s not an actual restaurant too… If they started an actual restaurant the others would have to worry….. Burger bear… That’s all I’m saying!

44. William says:

While not being one to praise Soho House – they have in spite
    Of this created best burger in London at Dirty
    Burger in Kentish Town / how did you miss it?!

45. Robin says:

That Dirty Burger is nowhere on this list invalidates the whole thing!!!

46. Derry says:

Hi Daniel
    Great list! Must have been difficult! I think you made a very good to judge that place on the fact that the chef was leaving so missed out, but I have to say 1920 in clerkenwell still tops it for me. With its amazing own recipe pattie and a great interesting range of all fresh toppings to pimp your burger or not. I don’t know if you’ve tried it yet I mentioned it to you before, but don’t rush! I think you’ve earned a break and clear your burger palet, but I did notice there was another 1920 fan named Jennifer! Who wrote here earlier that she enjoys the burgers there. Who knows may meet you down there and now there’s Jennifer too! Nice one!!

47. Daniel says:

William – I did not miss Dirty Burger. I tried it three times and based on those experiences did not view it as a serious contender for this top 10 list. The burger at another Soho House restaurant, Electric Diner, was on the prior version of this list but slipped out of the top 10.

48. Paul says:

Daniel, a great list and very refreshing to not see the usual suspects that dot every top 10 burger list in London (MeatLiquor, Shake Shack, 5 guys etc) nothing against them but all the lists just became too samey. I had a question regarding Little Social, can they cook the burger rare? Im a man who loves the burger more or less mooing but have found in many Soho and surrounding burger joints, they claim the counsel will not let them go lower than medium. This is not something they rigidly stick too (Byron aside) but wanted to know if I went to Little Social, would I be forced to endure an over cooked medium?

49. Daniel says:

Paul – Thanks for the kind words. Not to worry, Little Social will cook your burger any way you want it: rare, medium-rare, even medium. They mince their beef in-house as part of a process that has the council’s blessing.

50. Philip Smith says:

I would highly recommend you try the steak burger at Tommi’s burger shack on Thayer Street W1. Really flavoursome with the taste of steak coming through.

Trackbacks